Ok its not Tuna, but my tuna sandwich was tuna, red onion and mayo, in which the red onion dominated and so this swap to crushed chickpeas and vegan mayo really works and is 90% as good in terms of flavour and texture and is plant based.
Simply empty a rinsed can of chickpea into a bowl and crush with a fork
Finely chop half a red onion and add to the bowl and stir in a spoonful of vegan mayo
add a squeeze of lemon and lots of black pepper. put the filling into 2 slices of granary bread and serve.
Chickpea and red onion Mayo sandwich
- mixing bowl and fork
- 1 can of chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 1/2 red onion finely chopped
- 1 tbsp vegan mayonnaise
- 1 squeeze of fresh lemon
- 1 large grind of black pepper
- 4 slices of bread
- Put the chick peas into a bowl and crush them with a fork
- Add in the finely chopped onion and the mayonnaise and stir
- Add a squeeze of lemon and grind of black pepper into the mix and stir
- Now spread the mixture into 2 sandwiches and serve.