This can either be eaten in a bowl for a supper or a side for a main. and scram stands for Spinach, Carrot, Rice, Avocado and Mushroom 😉
With cooked brown nutty rice and cooked mushrooms the rest of the ingredients are raw :- carrots, edamame soy beans, spinach, half an avocado,sesame seeds, spring onions and coriander.
The dressing is a lime and tamari (gluton free soy sauce) mixed (and some crushed fresh ginger if you have some).
Once the rice and the mushrooms are cooked and cooled, everything else can be put in and mixed.
If I want more carbs, I would eat this with warmed flat breads.
BUDDHA BOWL 1
- 1 Large Handful of Spinach
- 1/2 Avocado diced
- 1/2 cup brown rice
- 1 handful edamame soy beans sometimes sold in a sandwich section
- 1 grated carrot
- 2 sliced spring onions
- 1/2 punnet of brown mushrooms
- 2 tsp sesame seeds
- 1 bunch chopped coriander
- 1/2 finely chopped chilli
- 1 glug Olive Oil
- 1 Fresh lime
- 2 tsp Soy sauce I use tamari a gluten free soy sauce
- Put all the spinach,carrot, avocado, spring onions and edamame beans in a salad bowl
- cook the rice, drain and allow to cool then add to the salad bowl
- fry the mushrooms and allow to cool then add to the salad bowl
- make the dressing, combine the soy and lime juice, coriander and chilli and pour over salad bowl and mix
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve
The dressing is a chilli, coriander, lime and soy mix. If I want more carbs, I would eat this with warmed flat breads and maybe some homous
(All nutritional information is based on third-party calculations and should be considered estimates. Actual nutritional content will vary with brands used, measuring methods, portion sizes and more).