Take Several mix squashes and half and then remove the seeds and then chop the flesh into roast potato sizes (no need to peel, the skin is like potato skin),
Put the squash into a metal roasting tray and toss in olive oil and fresh sprigs of thyme and rosemary.
Roast in a preheated oven at 180 , turning the squashes and cook until cooked and golden.
The roasted squash can be used as a side dish or then used as a base for a curry or a stew.
Roasted mixed squash
a selection of squashes roasted
Servings: 4 people
- 3 mixed squashes usually available in autumn/November
- 1 sprig rosemary
- 5 sprigs thyme
- 2 tsp Olive oil
- half the squashes and deseed and remove the pulp
- no need to skin, simply slice them up into the same sizes
- place in roasting tray with the herbs and coat and mix in the olive oil
- roast in an oven at 180 until golden brown,
- Once cooked they can be used as a side dish, or when cold, mashed together to created a humous like dip.
Calories: 18kcal | Fat: 2g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 1mg | Potassium: 1mg | Calcium: 1mg | Iron: 1mg
(All nutritional information is based on third-party calculations and should be considered estimates. Actual nutritional content will vary with brands used, measuring methods, portion sizes and more).