Potatoes are baked in the oven, scooped out and stuffed with a mixture of mushrooms, potato and then put back in the oven to become crisp and golden.
Begin by baking the potatoes in the oven.
While the potatoes are baking, chop the mushrooms and onions and gently fry them to reduce them.
Put the mushroom and onions into a large bowl
Once the potatoes are baked, cut them in half lengthways and scoop out the potatoes and add the potato to the mushrooms and onions in the bowl.
Mix the potato and the mushroom/onion mix, season well.
Now put the mixture back into all the potato skins drizzle olive oil over the tops put back in the hot oven for 15 mins (180C ) They are ready when they look crispy and brown on top.
Remove from the oven and allow to cool for at least 10 mins otherwise, you’ll lose the roof of your mouth.
Serve them with a salad dressed in a balsamic vinegar.
Jacket Potatoes Stuffed with Mushroom and Onions
- 500 g potatoes – 2 large baking potatoes
- 250 g mushrooms – 1 punnet of mushrooms
- 60 gm white onion – 1 large onion
- 1 tsp olive oil
- Begin by baking the potatoes in the oven.
- While the potatoes are baking, chop the mushrooms and onions and gently fry them in a little oil to reduce them until they to dry them out.
- Put the cooked mushroom and onions into a large bowl
- Once the potatoes are baked, cut them in half lengthways and scoop out the potatoes and add the potato to the mushrooms in the bowl.
- Stir it together and add a good grind of black pepper and a dash of salt.
- Now put the mixture back into all the potato skins and place them on a roasting tray and back into the oven for 15 mins or until golden brown and crispy
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for 10 mins (super hot!)
- Serve them with a salad dressed in a balsamic and lime dressing
(All nutritional information is based on third-party calculations and should be considered estimates. Actual nutritional content will vary with brands used, measuring methods, portion sizes and more).
1 thought on “Jacket Potatoes stuffed with Mushrooms”
Really good. Added cheese to the topping.