Doing a curry? don’t cook just Basmati rice. Simply add these 5 spices and herbs into the boiling water of the rice to get a great tasting Pilau rice.
1) Bay leaf, 2) Cloves, 3) Cardamon pods, 4) cinnamon stick 5) Turmeric
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 cloves
- 3 cardamon pods
- 2 whole bayleaf
- 2 tsp turmeric powder
- 200 gm Basmati Rice
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 white onion finely chopped
- Add all the ingredients into a large pan of boiling water
- occasionally check there is enough water if it is drying out add more until the rice is cooked
- boil for 15 minutes, after which check if its cooked and drain and serve
(All nutritional information is based on third-party calculations and should be considered estimates. Actual nutritional content will vary with brands used, measuring methods, portion sizes and more).