This is just a reminder really – if you are cooking things in the oven then why not do everything in the oven.
These are broccoli tender stems, roasted on a metal tray with a little olive oil and then when served scattered some sesame seeds over to add a bit of visual
The roasting adds a great flavour to the broccoli and the finer parts become charred and slightly caramelised
simply place the tender stems on a metal tray and toss in a little olive oil and and roast for 15 mins in a hot oven
they are done when the finer parts are starting to burn.
tip: slice the thicker ends to reduce the thickness of the stems, which will help with the cooking.
serve with a sprinkle of sesame seeds
Roasted broccoli tender stems
- 200 g broccoli tender stem
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- pre heat the oven to 180c
- inspect the thicker ends of the the tender stem and slice the thicker ends, this will help them cook all the way through.
- place the broccoli onto the metal baking tray and drizzle with olive oil and toss the broccoli until fully coated.
- place in the oven for 15 mins or until slightly charred on the finer edges
- place in a serving bowl and scatter some sesame seeds over and serve immediately
(All nutritional information is based on third-party calculations and should be considered estimates. Actual nutritional content will vary with brands used, measuring methods, portion sizes and more).