Mushrooms and chickpeas in garlic with red rice, carrots, spinach, avocado, spring onions in a coriander, lime and soy dressing. It’s a buddha bowl really 😉
Set the rice cooking in plenty of water which will take around 20 mins.
As the items are prepped add them to a large salad bowl.
Add a large handful of spinach to the bowl.
Julienne the carrots (or simply grate them), finely slice the spring onions. half the avocado and remove the stone, skin and dice. Finely slice the chilli and add them all to the bowl.
Finely chop the coriander and add to the bowl.
Now slice the mushrooms and gently fry in a little oil or water, meanwhile, empty and rinse the chickpeas and add to the mushrooms, Now skin and dice the garlic and add to the mushroom/chickpeas and stir. After the chickpeas are warmed through turn off before the garlic flavour disappears.
Drain the rice and add to the bowl, add the mushrooms and chickpeas to the bowl.
In a cup, squeeze 2 limes and add a glug of Soy Sauce and a glug of olive oil. mix and pour over the salad and stir. Sprinkle over the sesame seeds.
WARM MUSHROOM & CHICKPEA SALAD
- 1/3 cup Red rice
- 1 punnet Brown Mushrooms
- 1 handful Fresh spinach
- 1 tin chickpeas
- 3 spring onions
- 1 red chilli
- 2 fresh limes
- 1 glug Soy sauce I use tamari (gluten free soy sauce)
- 1 bunch chopped coriander
- 1 glug Olive oil
- set the rice cooking in plenty of water
- as things are prepped add them to a large salad bowl
- add a large handful of fresh spinach to the bowl
- julienne the carrots (or simply grate). add to bowl
- finely slice the spring onions, red chilli and coriander, add to bowl
- half the avocado, remove the stone, skin and finely dice the flesh. add to bowl
- now slice the mushrooms and gently cook them in a little oil/water
- while the mushrooms are cooking empty the chickpeas , rinse and add them to the cooking mushrooms.
- skin and finely chop the garlic and to the mushroom and chickpeas cooking. add more water if necessary.
- after the chickpeas have warmed through, turn of the pan before the garlic flavour disappears.
- drain the rice and add to the salad bowl along with the mushrooms/chickpeas.
- in a cup squeeze the 2 limes and a add a glug of Soy sauce and olive oil – Mix and pour over the salad and mix,
- Sprinkle over the sesame seeds.
- serve immediately