Slice the baby sweetcorn and put into a wok withthe sugar snap peas and dry fry, turning occasionally until charred allover
To make the peanut sauce add 2 tablespoons of peanut butter, a table spoon of rice wine and a 2 teaspoons of soy sauce. Peel and finely chop the ginger (about a 2 teaspoons) and add to the mixture, add chilli sauce such as Siracha, how much depends on how spicy you like it. Taste and adjust the seasoning.
Stir and whisk the mixture until smooth adding a little water if still not runny enough. Put the charred sweet corn and sugar snap peas into a dish and pour over the peanut sauce.
Serve with the Thai bean cakes
Charred Baby sweetcorn & sugarsnap peas in a spicy peanut sauce
- 2 packets baby sweetcorn
- 2 packets sugarsnap peas
- 4 tbsp smooth peanut butter
- 1 tbsp rice wine
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 1 lump of ginger (1cm square) peeled and chopped
- 1 tsb chillie sauce such as Siracha
- 2 tbsp water
- slice lengthways all the baby sweet corn and dry fry them in a hot wok,
- Add the sugarsnaps to the wok and char
- keep moving the wok andcharring the sweetcorn and sugarsnaps
- make the peanut sauce by combining the peanut butter,rice wine, soy sauce, ginger and chilli, mix well until its smooth and then add water if its not runny enough like a dressing.
- Put the charred vegatables into a dish, pour over the penut sauce and stir
(All nutritional information is based on third-party calculations and should be considered estimates. Actual nutritional content will vary with brands used, measuring methods, portion sizes and more).