a simple oil free veggie curry consisting of sweet potato, carrot, cauliflower, onion, mushroom, peas, 2 tins of chopped tomatoes and 1 tin of chickpeas.
The spices are a tablespoon each of garam masala, ground cumin, madras curry powder, ground turmeric.
Chop all the veg to bite size chunks and place in a large saucepan with all the spices and the chopped tomatoes and bring to a boil.
Simmer until all the veg is tender. serve with basmati rice. May need to add more water.
Veggie and chickpea curry
- 1 tbsp garam masala
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 1 tbsp madras curry powder
- 1 tbsp turmeric
- 1 small cauliflower
- 1 large carrot
- 2 medium sweet potatoes
- 1 cup of frozen peas
- 2 tins of chopped tomatoes
- 2 medium white onions
- 2 cups of brown mushrooms
- 1 tin of chickpeas
- Chop all the vegetables to large bite size chunks and place in a large saucepan with all the spices and the chopped tomatoes and bring to a simmer
- While it simmers the water will release from the vegetables, but you may need to add some water keep an eye and stir
- if the sauce looks little runny, make a slurry from a teaspoon of cornflour with 3 teaspoons of cold water and stir this into the curry. this will thicken the sauce n about 2 mins.
- while the curry is simmering cook enough basmati rice for 4 and when ready serve with the curry.
(All nutritional information is based on third-party calculations and should be considered estimates. Actual nutritional content will vary with brands used, measuring methods, portion sizes and more).